I know everyone loves watching all of the fun HGTV shows... I enjoy them too! But there are some things on there that truly are NOT real! Let's touch on some of them.
1. Buyers look at only three properties then make a decision between those three. That would be great, right? But that's not realistic. In this market, yes, maybe that's all that is available and maybe they DO find their home in one of those three houses. It's definitely my job to make sure you find as many of your "must haves" in the first houses that we look at, but we may end up looking at 10 or 15 (hopefully not) before you make a decision, and that's ok!
2. Decisions are made after a brief conversation. Yeah, no. Although again, in this market, decisions are having to be made more quickly than before due to the lack of inventory and multiple offers on houses, most buyers will think about it longer than over a lunch break.
3. People in their 20's and 30's are buying expensive houses. Again, when you see these buyers on tv, they are the exception and not the rule. So if you fall into this category, don't let them make you feel bad about your current situation. Most people in this age range are buying their first house in a first time homebuyer range, and NOT in the $500,000 and up range. Not in this area!!
4. Sellers always get offers after open houses. You'll see on "Million Dollar Listings" and some of the other shows that they always seem to get multiple offers after an open house. The fact about an open house is that it typically helps gets the word out about your house a little more, but is usually not the most effective way to sell the house.
5. Every property is perfectly staged. Not even close. Every seller does the very best that they can do with preparing their house for showings. Some stage the house very well; some get it close to empty; some move out and have it completely empty. Some hire professional stagers. Something I've recently started to use for vacant houses that need a little help is virtual staging. It's amazing and helps buyers that may have a hard time visualizing where furniture will go in a large or small space. But sometimes houses are cluttered and sellers are in a hurry to sell, and they just do the very best they can. Not ideal. But that's how it is.
6. The Realtor doesn't do much. I'm just gonna leave this right here. I work very hard for my clients, from helping them prepare their house to put it on the market, or showing houses to a buyer, to getting under contract and working all the way to closing. Working FOR you is what I do and what I love. I do a lot more in the background than you ever see. And that's how it's supposed to be. I try to make this as seamless and easy a process as possible for you.
There are so many more things I could list. These are just a few. Please comment if you'd like if you can think of any other "illusions" from real estate tv shows!!
Don't miss out on my PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST!! This has been lots of fun in past years, so I can't wait to see your creativity this year! Pumpkins can be carved, or painted, decorated-- whatever you want!! Enter to win a $75 Amazon gift card. Entries needed by midnight on Halloween, and the winner will be announced on November 2nd.
See the flyer below- and feel free to share it!
We can't send you to the Panthers Den this year, but we CAN give away $10,000 for you to redecorate YOUR den! Make sure you register for this year's contest!! Click the link below....