October 27th, 2010 11:40 PM by Wendy Thomas
Looking for something to do with the kids for Halloween? I've listed below some of the activities going on in York County and the Charlotte region...
1. 9th Annual Boo-HaHa. Kids can go up and down Main Street Rock Hill and trick or treat from merchants who are set up along the street (which is closed for the event). It's a fun, safe alternative to trick or treating! Trick or Treating begins at 7pm.
2. Bootanical. Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens, from 9am until 3pm. The gardens welcome children dressed in their Halloween costumes, and will offer some fun family fall events throughout the day. Go to http://www.dsbg.org/events_detail.php?id=1286#title for more details.
3. Concord Mills Halloween. Live music with Mr. Nigel, Halloween-themed arts and crafts, games, giveaways and more from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Mall wide trick-or-treating from 6-8 p.m. Participating retailers will have a pumpkin in their window.
4. Halloween at the Hall. Nascar Hall of Fame celebration. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Repeats Sunday. Kids 12 and under in costume get in free.
5. Trunk or Treat. First Baptist Church of Fort Mill, SC is having a “Trunks & Treats” event on Oct. 31, 5-7 p.m. Free and open to the public.
6. Howl-O-Fest Boo Blast at Carowinds. On Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 5pm, Carowinds welcomes little ones to a not-so-scary event, including rides and a hay bale maze. Go to http://www.carowinds.com/public/visit/howlofest.cfm for more information.
Don't forget the many haunted houses around the area, and of course, old fashioned trick or treating!!! Some plan to trick or treat on Saturday, while others will wait until Sunday. Pay attention to what your neighborhood has decided to do!
There's a lot more going on, from a Charlotte Bobcats game on Friday night, to many church Halloween activities, to Queen City ghost tours. This is a fabulous community to be a part of! Make sure you take advantage of all that it offers.