August 1st, 2010 10:47 PM by Wendy Thomas
Businessweek has chosen Rock Hill, SC as the best place to raise kids in the state of South Carolina! This is the second year in a row that Rock Hill has been chosen.
A few reasons given were the great weather, as well as having one of the best liberal arts colleges in the nation in our great city. Of course, the article is limited, and doesn't go into too much detail, but here are a few things that I love about Rock Hill:
1. Beautiful parks and walking trails, including Winthrop Lake and throughout the Winthrop campus
2. Amazing public school options now opening up to our children, from the Center for Accelerated Studies, to The Children's School at Sylvia Circle (a Montessori school), and even more this coming year-- a lot of "out of the box" options for children.
3. Great shopping here, with very close proximity to all that is available in Charlotte!
4. Fabulous restaurant options, all over town. Whether you want a chain restaurant or a local specialty, there are many to go around!!
5. Come See Me spring festival, concerts downtown, Fourth of July, and other city wide events that have helped establish the community feel in Rock Hill.
I could go on and on; I am not from Rock Hill, but came here to go to Winthrop, and decided with my husband to stay here after I graduated. So I chose this town, just as some of you have done or are considering doing. What attracted YOU to Rock Hill?
To read the full article from Businessweek, go to http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/11/1117_best_places_to_raise_kids/index.htm?technology+slideshows